- Unconditional love
Faith that there is a God. Compassion means seeing everyone through the eyes of love. Including me! Forgiveness of self and all others. We forgive because we deserve peace. We don't do it for the other person.
Unconditional love for one another and self.
I have had people ask me, G how do we love ourself? Well I have a few suggestions. What I have had to do is this:
- Decide that I wanted to change my life. That means taking responsibility that I alone am in control of my life. I am responsible for all the decisions I have made. Not my parents, my siblings, my husband, my kid or my old work. I am responsible!
- Intend to do something different. I can see how my old life was. I was fat and unhappy. In fact I was miserable.
- I asked God to guide me to the right teachers. I knew that as a student of life, I was ready and the teachers appeared. I knew they could help me but I needed to take inspired action.
The biggest areas that have helped me are:
- Affirmations: affirmations are any words or statements that we make . I had to learn to focus on what I want. Not on what I do not want. It has made all the difference. I will post affirmations near the end of this blog.
- Visualization: This is what we do when we imagine the life of our dreams- a desired result. We put in our mind's eye that which we want to see, be or do.
- Mirror work: this was hard for me at first, but has become a very important part of my day. The mirror reflects back to us the immense love we are. I look in my own eyes and affirm how much I love and appreciate myself. Do it!! start now.
As I have peeled back the layers of shame and guilt in my life, I have found that I am enough. I am worthy. I am loved. I have an internal power within me that is from GOD. I am learning to not take things personal or make assumptions. It is a process. It is progress not perfection. When I get triggered I get my butt into mentoring and talk through what is bothering me. I want to show up in life with more love. Not less.
Exercise: do you feel that you deserve ?_________________________
Answer this question in a journal. Really tap into your soul. What does it say?
I had to tap into little G. The inner child within me. I had to nurture her. I had to listen to her. I had to acknowledge her most of all. I had to tell her everything was ok.
Exercise: Tap into your inner child. What is her/his story?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Write in your journal as much as you can. Find a photo of yourself. What do you see? how do you feel? What did you like about your childhood? what didn't you like??____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are a few areas to get you going on your self love journey. If you need help I am available. Email me or book an appointment to chat. You must love yourself so much that you show others how to treat you and how you expect to be treated.
- I love and appreciate myself.
- I am deserving of love.
- I forgive myself.
- I am love.
- I am loved.
- I am lovable.
- I am light.
- I am forgiven.
- Love is my teacher
- I welcome miracles into my life.
- Love is real.
- I am blessed.
- I am willing to love myself to health.
- Eat like you love yourself. Talk like you love yourself.Act like you love yourself. Love yourself to health. #HealWithGiulianaMelo <3