We are a group of volunteers whose mission is to provide a hand up to the homeless population and to provide Random Acts of Kindness. We collect items such as toiletries, personal hygiene items, blankets, towels and snack items and gift cards.
Members of the Board
Giuliana Giuliano Melo- founder-director
Paulo Melo Sr.
Under 20 Division - Paulo Melo jr.
Rosa Ayotte, Birnie Baron, Teresa Marra, Donna Murray, Annette Julio and many other kind souls :)
Registered with AB Govt April 2015
We rely on the donations of family and friends and friends of friends. What comes in goes out. If and when we raise funds we will do silent auction. We will accept bottles and cans for refund. (bottle drive).
Bring us these new items so that we can share them with Calgarians in need.
Food Items : crackers, soft granola bars, fruit snacks etc. (in individual sealed packages)
Personal Hygiene items such as:
- Razors, shave cream, aftershave without alcohol.
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, bath gel
- Deodorant, lotion, handcream, face-cream
- Cotton Ear Swabs
- combs, brushes
- toothpaste and toothbrushes, floss
- pads, tampons
- Men’s and women’s underwear & socks (New)
- Women's and girls clothes (New or gently used)
- scarves, mitts, toques, gloves
- Men’s wear- all types, especially men’s pants (New or Used)
- Winter Boots (New and Used)
- Work Boots steel toe (New or Used)
- Work Gloves (New or used)
- Safety glasses, Vests and Hard Hats
- loonies or other denominations of change
- email us at:
with a donation or to volunteer or with any questions
Missions to date: WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
- We are currently accepting NEW SOCKS for donation - contact Giuliana
- Donations collected and dropped off at the DI in September. Thank you to all for your support.
- DONATIONS COLLECTED and dropped off Nov 25, 2018 for the "Backpacks of Hope" Christmas campaign. We filled 68 backpacks with personal items, socks and lots of love and delivered to the Mustard Seed and the
- extra items of towels and toiletries went to the DI for the shower campaign!!
- we are happy to announce that we collected enough to create over 50 huge blessing bags for the Christmas Campaign plus hundreds of extra pairs of socks and over 30 towels. We were able to donate to the Calgary Drop In & Rehab and the Inn from the Cold. On behalf of the Crew, thank you for your support. SPECIAL THANK YOU to DANA GOLDSTEIN of ChicFlicks for creating our promotional video that you can see when you join our group here:
- Spring 2016- used blankets and pet supplies to Pet Shelter &
- Summer 2016- old bras to #WomenTalk & sportsbras.ca
- Winter 2016- socks, toiletries, blankets for homeless shelter- Calgary DI
- 80 blessing bags donated to Calgary Drop- In.
- "Marco Abdi Christmas Giving Campaign" benefitting the 'Calgary Drop -In & Rehab Centre- The DI,' and 'The Calgary Inn From The Cold '- 182 filled blessing bags/purses - blankets, towels, socks, toiletries, clothing, foodstuffs
- Basket of Love Donated to "True Beauty Gala" auction
- 2 purses and 10 blessings bags donated to "Girlfriend Fill-a-purse initiative"
- 1 blanket sent to single mom who just had a baby
- Paulo Melo Jr.- " We fight hunger" food donations by neighbours donated to Calgary Food Bank
- CHRISTMAS BLANKET COLLECTION in honour or the late great MARCO ABDI- Dec 2015
Thank you to everyone who donated to this amazing cause.
Message from Filomena Abdi- Marco's wife "Thank so much for honouring Marco and keeping his spirit alive! As he would say "I see something in you and you are the BEST!!" Lots of love and hugs, xoxoxo!! "