Let’s start with a brief definition. What is a chakra? A chakra (pronounced “cha”-“kra” with a resounding “ch”) is a center of energy. Originating from Sanskrit, it literally means “wheel” by association with its function as a vortex of spinning energy interacting with various physiological and neurological systems in the body.
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
- An Affirmation is : I am safe. I am!
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
- Affirm: I feel. I relate to others.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Affirm: I do. I am power.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
- Affirm: I am love. I love.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
- Affirm: I express my truth. I speak.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
- Affirm: I see.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
- Affirm: I am connected to my Source. I understand.
What is reiki and how does it relate to the chakras?Reiki is a spiritual practice originating from Japan that uses hands-on energy healing to support a person’s self-healing and balance. Reiki and the chakras have something in common: They relate to energy and how it functions in the human body. Reiki healing is a whole body healing approach that relies on the transmission of energy through the hands into the person who is the recipient.
Our Father Who Art In Heaven
Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
This prayer when said helps balance our chakra system
Our Father who art in heaven--white light above the crown area
Hallowed be thy name--purple light beaming into the forehead between the two physical eyes
Thy kingdom come--blue light to the throat area
Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven--green light opens the heart space like petals of the lotus opening.
Give us this day our daily bread--yellow light fills the stomach area
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us--orange light below the belly button
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil--red light to the sexual organ area
For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen--run the energy deep down into the earth down for grounding
Say this prayer every day and you will notice amazing results. You will FEEL your connection to GOD!!!! you will feel sensations in your body from these amazing energy centers. Remember the truth of who you are! You are energy, frequency, vibration, light and LOVE!!!
How amazing it is when you begin to learn and grow and apply these practices to your life.
If you would like a reiki session via distance or in home please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org